Job Title: Assistant Corporate Controller – MB
Location: Rosemont, IL
Hiring Company: Martin Brower
The Assistant Corporate Controller, reporting to the Vice President Corporate Controller of Martin Brower, will be responsible for consolidating the global financial results for Martin Brower and oversight of the corporate balance sheet. Responsibilities include coordinating with the local finance teams in 19 countries to ensure integrity of the local financial statements and reporting to corporate. This role will also interact heavily with key financial stakeholders at the parent company level.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Consolidate monthly financials as well as quarterly forecasts and annual budget.
- Provide consolidated and consolidating reporting and analytics to support management decision making.
- Ensure consolidation and reporting supports the global implementation of new leasing standard ASC 842.
- Provide accounting expertise as applicable and engage with external audit & tax contacts as needed.
- Provide oversight and support for annual US GAAP external audit and tax packages.
- Lead the preparation of the UK Group accounts for statutory reporting purposes and coordination with audit firm.
- Liaise with parent company treasury and tax functions to support hedging program, foreign dividends, and other cash repatriation activities.
- Generate balance sheet and cash flow analytics to understand movements in all components.
- Build corporate balance sheet forecasts and budget
- Ensure Corporate balance sheet reconciliations are completed timely, including analyzing insurance and healthcare reserves.
- Champion and support adoption and elevated use of Blackline for close management; tasks, journals, reconciliations, tracking/reporting.
- Drive efforts to streamline monthly and quarterly consolidation & reporting
- Leverage technology to drive automation & efficiency in consolidation processes
- Develop & support process improvements while ensuring proper internal controls
- Help build digital acumen and data analytics skills within finance.
- Provide adhoc reporting and analytical support as requested.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Proven senior-level accounting professional with 10+ years of progressive experience
- 6+ years of management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Thorough knowledge of US GAAP accounting and application to international operations
- Must possess the ability to quickly learn and understand new technical concepts
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to focus on the details
- Excellent interpersonal and exceptional problem-solving skills
- Proficient in the use of Excel
- Experience with other Microsoft applications (Teams, Power BI, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to understand, develop and refine processes
- Ability to create senior management level presentations & analysis
- Ability to manage competing priorities while meeting deadlines and managing associated pressures
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to interact with personnel at all levels of the company
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with JD Edwards 9.2 ERP software
- Experience with Power BI, Planful, and BlackLine
- Experience working in a distribution or manufacturing environment
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.