Job Title: Accounting and Tax Manager
Location: Greenville, South Carolina (Remote Based)
Hiring Company: Accountingfly
Our client, a boutique consultative and advisory CPA firm is seeking the right CPA to serve their high end nonprofit and creative industry clients as an Accounting and Tax Manager. This is a unique opportunity to work closely with clients and wear many different hats as you help businesses of many different sizes to grow. This role will
Full time, W2
Location: REMOTE within the US
Our Client is seeking a licensed CPA (required) for a unique opportunity to serve as the voice and face of the firm as they kick off with new clients. You will be the trusted care-giver to serve and fulfill the promises we made in the agreement with the client. This role leads and directs all technical work for the clients assigned to each Accounting and Tax Manager. They are responsible for leading the Customer Accounting Analysts (CAA) and Specialists in the completion of their own work. The Accounting and Tax Manager will also have to opportunity to receive training from the Technical Tax Manager related to leading the firm’s processes
of tax preparation and tax planning.
Starting Salary & Perks & Benefits:
- Slow ramp up to a full book of clients and approx 40 to 45 hours per week (not including a training period & learning curve)
- Growth to a technical Tax Lead position over the next year
- + software bonus certifications for QuickBooks Online, Xero, Fathom, and Bill.com
- Health Benefits at full capacity/time of the role and after 30 days of employment
Details of Your Role may include (depending upon the contracted agreement):
- Meet with partners and the leadership team periodically to discuss accounting, tax and payroll processes for particular clients.
- Review the accounting and payroll work of the CAAs, and the Accounting Specialists & perform this work yourself as needed.
- Assist the CAAs and the Specialist in the filing of sales tax returns.
- Prepare and provide consulting to the clients on their financial statements.
- Update cash flow scenarios, financial forecasts, financial analysis, and financial metrics reporting in software, depending on each particular client’s needs.
- Seek help from the Technical Tax Manager on technical tax work, and tax planning.
- Seek help from the Client Services Manager on client service, scope, and project management work.
- File corporate, partnership, nonprofit, and/or individual tax returns for clients.
- Prepare tax plans for clients, and share the tax plans with clients in accordance with firm
How the role will evolve over the first year:
- You will receive training related to leading the firm’s processes of tax preparation and tax planning.
- After 1 year, you will manage fewer clients and also begin leading the tax processes, review,
- and become an expert on the firm’s tax preparation and tax planning software.
- You will review all tax returns of the clients of the firm (a partner will sign the returns), and will
- seek the partner’s help on more complicated tax returns.
- You will focus your professional education particularly on updated tax law changes, and teach the technical team changes in tax as it relates to the firm’s client base.