The Friedkin Group
Job Title: Accountant II
Location: Houston, TX
Hiring Company: The Friedkin Group
The Accountant II under the leadership of the Accounting Supervisor will support the process to provide business essential, cost effective, charge-back services to associates and business units in the Friedkin Affiliated companies. The Accountant II will support the Accounting Supervisor in 1) providing general accounting services to the Friedkin Affiliated companies and 2) ensuring that all financial data is recorded accurately and on time within Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), company policy and FBS Business Partnership Agreements.
* Execute a Monthly Close of the General Ledger for the Friedkin Affiliated companies. Update the monthly close checklist. Inform Accounting Supervisor and business units when the monthly financial reports are ready for review
* Prepare journal entries — including recurring entries — for Month End Close.
* Analyze, generate and process intercompany entries needed to adjust or reallocate expenses between business units.
* Maintain well-documented work papers for journal entries and account reconciliations.
* Reconcile balance sheet accounts in a timely fashion; resolve reconciling items in a timely manner.
* Assist the Accounting Supervisor and/or associates in preparing ancillary audit schedules, audit footnotes, tax schedules and tax forms.
* Compare the actual results to the budgeted results and provide variance explanations on a monthly basis.
* Analyze monthly and year-end financial data to ensure that it is recorded accurately, in accordance with GAAP.
* Coordinate and communicate actions between the Friedkin affiliated companies.
* Participate in annual business planning process; provide information and assistance to business units, as requested
* Research and resolve accounting transaction questions and other customer issues in an agreed upon timeframe. Strive to satisfy customers and keep management informed of any issues.
* Set a good example for other associates and teammates to improve their productivity and performance.
* Responsibly receive, transmit, and handle consumer and customer data per applicable policies and procedures.
* Review and follow data privacy practices, policies, and guidelines.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance from four-year College or university;
* required 3 – 4 years General Ledger Accounting experience
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret common automotive and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
* Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community in a timely manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of the job, the associate is required on a daily basis to analyze and interpret data, communicate, and remain in a stationary position for a significant amount of the work day; and frequently access, input, and retrieve information from the computer and other office productivity devices. The associate is regularly required to move about the office and around the corporate campus. The associate is occasionally required to travel to other sites, including out-of-state, where applicable, for business. The associate must frequently move up to 10 pounds and occasionally move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While the job is generally performed in an office environment, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, areas in which moving mechanical parts, fumes, toxic or caustic chemicals are present, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the office environment is typically quiet, but the associate may be occasionally exposed to loud noise levels.
Minimal travel is required for this position (up to 20% of the time and on a domestic basis).
*Legally authorized to work in the United States, without Sponsorship
The Friedkin Group and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain drug-free workplaces by conducting pre-employment drug testing.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled